This website is all about the Northwich Philatelic Society and as such focuses on our meetings and members but there are a lot of philatelic and stamp related resources on the internet. On this page, we will put some links to websites which we think you may find useful.
Great Britain Philatelic Society
Contacts: Graham Macpherson, Nick Rolfe.
- the GBPS holds eight meetings a year, with major GB dealers in attendance.
- the Society publishes a full-colour magazine bi-monthly, covering every collecting area.
- experts in each reign are willing to help with members with their queries.
- the Society has a large collection of books that are accessible to members by post.
- The GBPS holds an annual conference at a different location in the UK each year.
- several stamp packets are prepared each year for members wishing to buy or sell.
Royal Philatelic Society, London
Contacts: Nick Rolfe, Olga Ellis
- the Society has a worldwide membership of several thousand, most of whom are established philatelists.
- a regional meeting is held at Bowdon each February, which is open to members and their guests.
- whilst most of the programme of talks and displays are given at their premises in London, regional events are also held throughout the UK each year.
- the RPSL publishes a magazine ten times each year, covering its members’ worldwide philatelic interests.
- the Society also has a very well-endowed library, in which all major books and philatelic journals may be found. Many of these are available for loan to members.
- one of the important facilities available to both members and non-members is the Royal’s expertising service, which provides validation certificates for both stamps and other philatelic items for a standard fee.
North West Federation of Philatelic Societies
The Association of British Philatelic Societies